You can’t be too careful today. Before you allow a locksmith to change the locks on your home or business or even help you get into your locked auto, do your homework before you call!
You can’t always check out a locksmith with due diligence (such as in an emergency), but when you can, there some ways to be sure you are dealing with a reputable locksmith:
- Check out their Web site. How long have they been in business?
- Check with the Better Business Bureau- any complaints against them? What’s their rating?
- Are they listed with the Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA)?
- Are they “AAA Authorized”? Usually there may only be one in your area!
- Check out their testimonials and ask for referrals.
The bottom line is the old adage “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”! If at all possible, don’t wait till you’re locked out!